Post 16 Transport
North Yorkshire County Council: Some students may be eligible for help with travel costs to college. For more information visit the NYCC website. Applications for assistance usually open in April or May each year, or by contacting North Yorkshire County Council on 01609 0780 780
Labour Market Information
CV's and Covering Letters
Careers Information for Young people with Special Needs
- NATSPEC: The membership association for organisations, including colleges and independent providers, which offer specialist provision for students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
- Skill: National Bureau for Students with Disabilities. Skill promotes opportunities for young people and adults with any kind of disability in post-16 education, training and employment across the UK.
Sometimes it is important or useful to research post 18 options in order to inform your choices post 16.
- UCAS : Provides information on applying to universities and higher education. This is a key resource for checking whether courses have specific GCSE/BTEC and A Level entry requirements.
- Prospects: A leading provider of information for higher education students and graduates. The ‘What can I do with my degree” section under the ‘Careers advice’ tab is particularly useful for students planning ahead for university.
- Direct.gov: Government information and guidance on student finance and loans for those who are interested in progressing to university.
- Independent Task Force on Student Finance :maintained by Martin Lewis from moneysavingexpert.com, it contains information for students, families and teaching staff on finance for students interested in going to university.